FAKE OFF App Monthly Update: March 2019
The first entry in the FAKE OFF monthly update is here. This month consisted mostly in the redesign of the app following the ideas gathered in the Berlin meeting.
- The Main Menu has received a complete visual overhaul to make it more visually appealing to the target audience:
Old Main Menu:
New Main Menu:
Animations for the background and buttons are also included which should help in making the experience more fun and not as bland.
- Buttons with links for the Facebook project page and the project website are now also present
- Every button is now bigger and more uniform. This should hopefully make the mobile usability in small or low resolution screens better and smoother
- The settings pop-up has also received some changes both in usability and visuals:
Old settings pop-up:
New settings pop-up:
- This new pop-up makes interactions easier by using bigger buttons and getting rid of toggle buttons in favor of check boxes and by replacing the clunky language drop down with a side slider. All of these changes also integrate much more tightly with the rest of the app’s design.
Quiz Selection Pop-up
- The quiz selection pop-up has undergone major changes. The biggest one is the fact that the quiz selection is no longer a pop-up but a different screen altogether
- The interface has also changed significantly:
New quiz selection:
Instead of an infinite scrolling list, levels are now grouped in grids of ten. You can then swipe left or right to go to the levels you want.
Quiz Win Pop-up
- The new victory screen is now much more appealing and transmits a greater sense of achievement:
Old correct pop-up:
New correct pop-up:
The quiz screen has received substantial changes regarding its layout and design. The new screen does not allow long questions anymore but it is much more readable and usable.
Old quiz screen:
New quiz screen:
- Some of the questions that will be present in the final version off the app are starting to be included
- The timer for the quiz is now gone and the evaluation will instead focus on getting the greater number of correct answers possible
- The first steps for implementing multiple-choice questions are done so hopefully by the next month it will be fully working
- Major code refactoring meaning a lot of the code has been re-written
And this is what has been happening regarding the development of the FAKE OFF app. There is still a lot of work to do but things are starting to take shape. During the next month we hope to finish polishing the new UI and to start delving into the Quiz part. A lot of the work for single-choice questions is already in place but a lot of work related to multiple-choice questions still needs to be done.
See you next month!